love Eva,
the rough, a little rude atmosphere of Berlin I notice always first when I see the city again after a period of absence. In street scene and tone. However, I do not believe it - in proportion to its population - in Berlin are more crazy than in Mostar. Here the madness lies dormant perhaps something better hidden beneath the surface. Both cities are very good schools in dealing with human unpredictability.
After you see in your letter some parallels between Berlin and Mostar, did I fall more and more on it. The coexistence of wild and cleaned out, beautiful and ugly, which you mentioned, is one of them. In the photos you've selected, you can sense that. Even when on the first screen does not see how many ruins still stand in the scanned street, Tito Street, and how close it is up to the perfectly restored old town, the old bridge in the middle of the second photo is taken . The third picture shows the orange-red-striped ruins of the historic Hotel Neretva. In addition, a fresh restored and fiddled building, originally built for Tito, if it comes times to visit, now a shopping center with a cafe and club downstairs.
infirmity, I mentioned as a possible starting point for writing processes in my last letter. Infirmity is an essential aspect of Mostar's charisma. It irritates and can hold hold me and look for words. Habits of perception are run and I think this is a major poetic quality of the city. In addition, infirmity, so material, it is evident in Mostar, something very general or highly in emotional, personal meaning generalized, something that in principle a large part of the literature plays.
Yes, I know Tanja Stupar-Trifunovic, I invited her for a reading on the theme "Memories" in June, together with Jan Wagner to Mostar. She traveled with her brother from Banja Luka, we have the three of us drank coffee and the "Bosnian Serbs" to entertain, according to my language skills was not a profound conversation, but it was great fun. Tanya's poems I like very, sad and funny, they combine in a unique way and are sometimes a bit provocative and never boring. They were remarks that Tanja is also active as a journalist, with a sharp eye for contemporary social developments. If they by their Experiences with the war in the '90s, writes then never a Betroffenheitsgestik, rather defiantly, in a nutshell. For example, in her poem "The House", "I went to see the house / use in the war poets often the subject of the House wrote a critic / In the war I was not a poet but a child / who lost his house / I was at all not sad about it "... By Faruk Šehić I have read short stories, he also is recommended, you can read on the pages of "TRADUKI" and something about him: Is there http://www.traduki.eu/
autumn fatigue? I think so. Must go to bed. Good night and see you soon!
Sibylla
0 comments:
Post a Comment