Friday, September 24, 2010

Speeches For Father's 60th

love Sibylla,

I am now taking the first Versehrtheitsthema again. I give you right that it generally plays a role in literature and especially the poetic quality of Mostar good hits. The exciting current of the situation, I find that since the disaster again some time has passed. This state between healing and visibility of scars. Infirmity per se is of course a great concept that could apply to many literary situations - from disease to war. They are both human extreme situations and grateful material for literature. Recently I read in some interview great novels could write only those who have experienced something extreme. I do not agree, there should imagination can make up a lot. But that human suffering as happiness is found in stories and poems, of course, again pointed. It's also interesting and easier to describe than the normal gray. Something bothers me but also to the concept of infirmity. I think he's a little too negative for me personally - but who would have been maimed? - And writing about it has such a slight therapeutic connotation - but treatment is also necessary. It's just depressing to think about war and still reminded by it to be visible wounds. Can you from the infirmity to be drawn up in person for a poetic inspiration?

infirmity I am come again to the concepts of vulnerability, suggestibility and the contemporary. In my thesis I have discovered that hysteria is used in the novel "What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt as a metaphor for these three human conditions. These terms are more general than disability and less violent, rather they describe the influences and dependencies, you are exposed daily, but also what a great role in the time and the environment in which we live, play.

I just think often very specific about my immediate home after, because we may move. Luckily only within Berlin. From the early to mid twenties I was in constant fear of living in the wrong place and miss any opportunities. Now we have finally found a beautiful, practical, affordable housing in the right area, but dark. Especially in these few late summer days (today is probably the last warm day for this year) I am very aware of farewell from the light that shines pure from outside, because it is next spring, if all goes well not come back.

Oh, I've also read this week, the Patti Smith-book to the end. In Mostar I was already a while turn. It took so long and was sometimes a little tough. But I have read a lot. I would like to read more of her poems. In the end I had to even cry a little when Robert died of AIDS. A set I did a whole special. He is, after Smith describes how she and her newly-found fellow musicians for the first time to listen to end up in CBGB ". Though no one knew it, the stars were aligning, the angels were calling" It's remarkable how important Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe as an artist wanted to be famous. Patti just did not expect that it would be as a singer with her. In the two environments and time were also crucial. To be able to what they were, they had to go after NYC.

Best wishes to Mostar,

your Eva

0 comments:

Post a Comment