A gifted with Burnout
Michael "Grosi" Grossenbacher: added "The Burnout strengthened me "
a burnout, a new solo program and the end of Bagatello: Michael" Grosi "Grossenbacher a turbulent period behind it. The comedian was devastated three years ago by the disease. Now he has made the withdrawal and processed his experiences in his new show "therapy".
Michael "Grosi" Grossenbacher feeling good again. Very good indeed. Although he looks a bit pensive, while his Experiences of the last three years tells. From the hyperactive "Grosi" from Bagatello times hardly be felt. The humor he has not lost. He smiles while conversation again and again, taking the mickey out of himself and is happy that things have changed for the better. "I live for the moment," he confirmed, "and take me and the world is not as serious as before." For the former workaholic, a non-simple way, but for him is clear: "I never want to return to the point where I was before June 2009".
The cycle began more than three years. At that time Michael Gross was also known as "Grosi» even with the Berne a cappella troupe Bagatello road, which should be resolved in late 2009. The 37-year-old said that with him at a young age and was a whiz at the same time attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), respectively. "This combination made me think, and always quick facts link, so fast that I no longer mentally eventually came along," he says. The comedian could never relax, "read a book or just see far", which was impossible for him. He worked 18 hours a day, the fatigue, he outwitted with Power Naps - and was proud to be "everything to create, to do everything." No time for friends and warnings remained around him admit he did not want. Many people turned away. "When my son came into the world, of course I needed more mental energy," Gross out further and lowers his gaze. Although it does not always seem easy, "so it is important for burnout sufferers speak openly about the suffering."
Caught in a spiral
The symptoms were getting worse. A tireless entertainer hit mistakes, had dizzy spells, walked in his sleep and had to struggle with breathing problems. There were also an "extreme" forgetfulness and physical exhaustion. "I did not know the simplest things, my voice broke and I could not promise to keep my partners." When he was hit by the end of 2007 tables Pfeiffer glandular fever, the disease weakened him further. "I was aware of the seriousness of the situation, hoping for a miracle. But it was as if I had wanted to fight a high-rise building with a fire extinguisher. "The spiral is spinning ever faster.
In 2008, Gross began to work on his solo project. Almost a year later, in June 2009, things changed. "I brought my son to bed and watched him as he slept peacefully. I was aware that he has only one father and that I the bin. "
That same evening decided" Grosi "to put his current project on ice. 25 already booked appearances were canceled. The relief was great, reports the Berner, "then I cried for three days." After this brief respite Grosi would go on with again, "but my business partner TJ Gyger has stopped me." After the first boom Grossenbacher fell further and further into a black hole. "My confidence was destroyed. I did not, for example, when and if I can cross a zebra crossing. Then I began a three-month therapy. "There had once confident comedian learn to live and the high Demands on themselves to place and free time to enjoy without feeling guilty.
therapist as a co-author
be almost finished solo program he has now thrown overboard with his therapist and a new written. "The title of therapy was already established before treatment, but because of my experiences I wanted to rewrite the piece completely and have my psychologist Raphael Romano asked if he would help me." After writing over a hundred hours "therapy" has been created. The show offers a "glimpse into the deepest depths of the soul," promises Grosi and smiles, "but I will not tell you what authentic and what is invented. "
Now he sits there on the table and radiates the premiere of his first solo project, was" went well ". For two months, the entertainer had just four days off, there by the end of February, the premiere and six more performances to overcome. "My alarm bells ringing already," the artist says with a straight face, "of a burnout is one never healed." He himself was aware of the consequences, and be in hectic times now help from his friends. Although he had put his life in principle on its head, it had strengthened the burnout and opened his eyes, "the end of 2008, I had enough money and was unhappy, now I am a poor Artists, but happy. "
By Martina Maurer. Source: http://www.bernerzeitung.ch/region/bern/Michael-Grosi-Grossenbacher-Das-Burnout-hat-mich-gestaerkt/story/25238014
0 comments:
Post a Comment