make still ...
... no Internet, so little more new. The current German TV program I watch only once a year: during the Christmas and sometimes - as now - even in the following week. It's always strange to see through the TV is limited when one is accustomed to a much richer archive (or archives) to have available. As a temporary experiment, I like the situation, I see always films (and even more: series, shows, etc), to which I would otherwise never encounter. The two highlights of this holiday season but I would probably sooner or later a search to be discovered. First, was the American Lowbrow comedy Beerfest , a political movie if there ever was one, American Nerds win the drinking competition on organized German military precision - did in this case the term to: - binge drinkers. From now on, the film is my antidote for all the black-red-gold flags swing events, in which one now, unfortunately, yes, even in Kreuzberg is no longer safe. In particular, but there was
Across the Wide Missouri , a Western by William Wellman from the year 1951. Wellman I had actually already been two or three years, discovered for myself when I had seen some of his precoder-talkies, my favorite was not then of course, also great depression movie Heroes for Sale , but the obscure Melo Safe in Hell , in which a bar girl on a Caribbean island flees. Among other things I have in the film the most dramatic display discovered a black woman I've ever seen in Hollywood movies. Across the wild Missouri Created although two decades later and is an MGM production, but it feels like the Cheapies the early thirties and she is with 75 minutes running time not much longer.
Wellman has his characters, like a child has his toy cowboys and indians, he grouped and arranged quickly and somewhat erratic, but everything remains organic, they always gets back on new clothes, send them once in a slapstick brawl, sometimes in a dramatic adventure story, times in a Travelogue (amazing how he manages to film the difficulty of climbing a steep mountain, the Tour de France transmission fails because to date), without that it would result in fractures. These include mood changes from the beginning to the mode of the film. But at the same time is so generous with Wellman and so loving to his characters, as children are in their games well but rarely, if ever. Carefully investigated and found it their own characteristics and ticks, in genuinely democratic fashion, he gathered next to the shot-and-grain-American Clark Gable (See Bert Rebhandl he ind current Cargo) several Indians, one Frenchman, two Scots and many others. Where in contemporary cinema (certainly not only: where in Hollywood), there would still room for a film such as ethnic diversity, with no malice on the one hand and kitsch on the other? The most beautiful (and perhaps also common) settings show single figures in American or half-close setting, not only faces, but also body, that emphasizes individual gesture, the relationship with the environment is mitkommuniziert. An Indian woman may long to make at least 15, 20 seconds first attempts to play on a harmonica.
would Of course, I prefer the film in the cinema and seen in the original language version, but perhaps the best feature films but the fact that they always work, in any size, in any language.
0 comments:
Post a Comment